If you sustained losses or damage from the March 12th, 2010 storm you may be eligible for disaster aid To register, call: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) When you register for disaster assistance please have the following available:
• Social Security Number (including spouse)
• Private insurance information, if available
• Address and zip code of the damaged property
• Directions to the damaged home or property
• Telephone number where FEMA can reach you
For the speech and hearing impaired: TTY: 1-800-462-7585
Or register online: www.fema.gov
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, economic status or retaliation. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, contact FEMA at 800-621-FEMA (3362) TY: 800-462-7585. If suspicious of any abuse of FEMA programs please contact the fraud hotline at 1-800-323-8603.
FEMA DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER OPENS IN BERGEN COUNTY
Contact: Sheri Hensley
| (PARAMUS) Bergen County Executive Dennis McNerney announced that residents and business owners affected by the March Nor’easter can receive assistance at a local Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) which opened today. The Center, located at 327 East Ridgewood Avenue, Room 202 in Paramus, is open Monday – Saturday from 10 AM to 6 PM.
“The Disaster Recovery Center in Paramus is a resource for anyone in Bergen County who was affected by the storm and needs help filing for assistance,” said McNerney. “I strongly encourage people to register with FEMA to find out what assistance they are eligible for to help them get back on their feet and pay for property damage caused by the storm. This may include grants, reimbursements and low interest loans.”
The March storm caused an estimated $45.5 million dollars in property damage throughout Bergen County. The Disaster Recovery Center in Paramus is one of seven locations state-wide established by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Each DRC is staffed with FEMA, U.S. Small Business Administration and state agency disaster recovery specialists who are ready to help survivors through the recovery process. At Disaster Recovery Center, visitors may:
Residents and business owners are encouraged to register with FEMA before visiting a center. To register for assistance, residents should call FEMA’s toll-free number, 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY/TDD 1-800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities. Residents may also register online anytime at www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Receive information about different types of state and federal disaster assistance.
- Get help completing low-interest loan applications from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for homeowners, renters and business owners.
- Inquire about the status of applications for federal assistance.
- Receive referrals to voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
- Learn cost-effective mitigation measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.