12/13/2006 - Radon Testing

Radon Testing

Have YOU tested YOUR home for radon yet? Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that is the second leading cause of lung cancer. It is found in all homes, but some residences have high levels that can be a health hazard. Because radon is invisible and odorless, only testing will tell you if your home has a problem. Test kits can be purchased in many hardware stores and health departments, or contact the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Radon Program at (800)648-0394 or www.njradon.org for a list of certified companies who provide testing services and kits.