REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL is being made by the City of Hackensack for the installation of a new roof at the following location:
116 Holt Street
Hackensack, New Jersey, 07601
Specifications are as follows:
1) Prepare the roof surface for re-roofing by sweeping and removing all loose gravel, removing the perimeter aluminum and cleaning off all debris.
2) Mechanically fasten ½” high density composition insulation board through the old roof surface to the structural steel roof decking.
3) Install a new 4 ply (9 layer) hot asphalt and fiberglass ply sheet roof system (Manville specification 4 G.I. S. or equal). Each of the four layers of fiberglass ply sheet will be completely embedded in a plasticized asphalt flashing cement.
4) Flashing of all vent pipes, roof outlets and all other penetrations will be renewed with fiberglass membrane embedded in a plasticized asphalt flashing cement.
5) Install new heavy gauge aluminum edging along the entire perimeter.
6) All roofing debris will be carted away, leaving the grounds clean.
7) Guarantee the new roof with a minimum warranty against leaks for ten years.
8) All interested parties must visit the site for a walk thru to be eligible, please contract Jesse D’Amore, Superintendent of Public Works at 201-646-3953 with any questions.
Proposals must be sent to:
Mr. Jesse D’Amore
120 East Broadway
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
or FAXED to 201-646-0320 PRIOR TO FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2006